"Katia's approach was very clear & effective; laying out an agenda so I knew what to expect & systematically going through each section to make sure we covered all bases and maximised the use of the time". FC
Mastery with Katia - my story...
I've been that frustrated CV-screener who put CVs in the 'No' pile because I couldn't link the applicant's experience to the job requirements. And I've seen common application & interview mistakes repeated time and again.
But I realise that it's not the applicant's fault.
Because you rarely learn why you're rejected, so how do you fix what you don't know? And application & interview skills are different to in-job skills, so how do you gain them if you're not shown how?
You deserve specialist support to help you improve your chances.
That's why I created Mastery with Katia.
And I'm so lucky to have my dream job.
I get to use my solid editorial and communications skills gained from a 20 year agency & publishing career to help clients stand out as better prepared candidates.
And I get to share my strengths as a performance coach - where I've spent £1000s to learn effective techniques to identify and overcome obstacles and get results quickly.
But most of all, I get to work with hard working professionals who deserve to do brilliantly in their careers but are finding their next career step a challenge.
I get immense satisfaction from helping clients go from a hesitant and unsure applicant to a credible candidate who is competitive but genuine, and I look forward to helping you too.
What drives me (mad)
Seeing hard-working professionals waste time, risk rejection and miss opportunities by:
• Not tailoring CVs and cover letters
• Underselling strengths and not addressing red flags
• Applying to the wrong opportunities
• Going to interviews without sufficient preparation
• Trying to replicate cliched advice from books & blogs
• Repeating same mistakes on different applications
• Struggling on alone, with no idea of what is/isn't working
What drives me ...
Showing hard-working professionals how they can compete as a better prepared candidate by:
• Analysing the job spec before writing the CV/Cover letter
• Taking steps that other applicants skip or rush
• Learning how to stand out with credible strengths and value
• Planning how to achieve their goals and overcome setbacks
• Building employability skills that boost career progression
• Showcasing strengths without feeling fake or false
• Transforming from hesitant and unsure to a credible candidate that's genuinely them ... but super competitive